In the grass ski washing article, we mentioned that drying the skis under direct sunlight can cause the belt to shrink and potentially slow down the grass skis. However, we have a solution for this issue. To loosen the belt, you will need a Phillips screwdriver and a wrench size 7.
Follow these steps to loosen the belt:
- Lay the ski upside down, placing it on the binding.
- Adjust the position of the belt so that the 2-bolt connection is exactly at the center of the binding.
- Use a screwdriver and wrench size 7 to loosen the screws on the joint. It is important to loosen the screws but not disconnect them.
- After loosening the screws, you can use a screwdriver or even ski poles to push the belt towards the bar. Repeat this process in several nearby locations.
- Once you have finished adjusting the belt, remember to tighten both screws securely.
By following these steps, you can easily loosen the belt on your grass skis and ensure optimal performance.
You can also refer to the video below for a visual demonstration: