Experience the Joy of Skiing from Spring to Fall!
Grasski provides an excellent summer training alternative for alpine skiers who seek to maintain and improve their skills during the off-season
Grasski, also known as "sci d'erba" involves skiing on grassy slopes rather than snowy ones. This sport uses special skis looking as little grooming machine or tank called "grasskis" designed specifically for skiing on grass. Suitable terrain includes well-cutted, not steep grass-covered hills.
As for locations, grass ski centers are available in various countries such as Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, and Japan. Additionally, you can search for local grass-covered hills that are steep enough and well-maintained to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Grasski offers a unique opportunity for alpine skiers to continue their training during the off-season while also experiencing a new facet of skiing. By practicing on grass slopes or synthetic surfaces throughout the summer months, athletes can maintain their skills and improve their overall performance on snow when winter returns. So why not give grass skiing a try this summer and take your alpine skiing skills to new heights
Here are some reasons why incorporating grass skiing into your summer training regimen can be beneficial:
- Technique Development: Practicing on grass can help skiers develop better balance and refine their techniques without relying on snowy conditions.
- Physical Fitness: Grass skiing, with its added resistance from wheels and terrain, is an effective way of maintaining and improving physical fitness while focusing on skiing-specific muscles.
- Mental Fitness: Skiing on grass requires higher levels of focus and concentration, allowing athletes to fine-tune their mental game.
- Adapting to Different Terrain: Experiencing varying terrains during summer training sessions can help athletes prepare for different types of slopes they may encounter in winter competitions.
- Lower Carbon Footprint: In recent years, snow sports have been criticized for contributing to climate change through artificial snow production and other methods. Engaging in grass skiing reduces the need for such actions by utilizing existing green spaces for practice.
Choose the best
grasski product on market
At the heart of all our skis is a wooden core combined with an aluminum layer to strengthen the ski and improve its response to power inputs.
We use high-stiffness PA66 reinforced with either glass fibers or carbon fibers for optimal performance and durability.
Kite & grasskifeel the wind
Grasski from our production
choose your model
Skis from our Easy range are ideal for sports skiers, kite enthusiasts, and ski rentals. With these skis, there are no limits to the length of the ski boot. The rapid binding system allows for quick and easy adjustments to the length of the ski boot without the need for screws or keys.See more...
Our Stars grass skiing model is specifically designed for children and is available in lengths of 65, 70, and 75 cm. These skis comply with the FIS rules for children's equipment.See more...
Race skis are our passion and joy. We dedicate extra care to the design, preparation, and production of these skis. Although many parts may be identical to other models, only the best, most precisely made, and expertly polished components make it onto our Race Skis. These skis are made for skiers who understand that even a fraction of a second can make all the difference on the slopes.See more...
News and blog posts
Maximum ski boot size for model Racer is 425mm! There is no ski boot size limit for grasski model Easy. Fully explained which ski to choose is here.
Short general ski length selection guide:
- 70-75cm / 28-30in - Kids age 7 to 9
- 80cm / 32in - Ladies slalom, kids age 12-14 for giant slalom
- 85cm / 35in - Juniors slalom
- 90cm / 36in - Kids 14-16 for giant slalom
- 95cm / 40in - Ladies giant slalom
- 100cm / 42in - Ladies giant slalom, Men's giant slalom
- 105cm / 44in - Men's giant slalom, Men's super-g
Ski rentals take usually 70 cm or 75 cm ski for kids and 80cm or 85 cm ski for adults.
Ski length for kite:
More advanced kiters usually takes longer ski as that enables them to develop higher speeds.
- 80cm / 85cm - Ladies
- 85cm / 90cm - Men
More detailed ski selection guide is here: https://www.grasski.net/en/store/help-me-choose-ski
In general we recommend to add Ski Bag (see here). It protects you and your car from dust and mud from your grasski.
In case you are purchasing Grasski model Racer or Stars, you need to have philips drive and key n8 to mount binding on grasski.
These should be all you need to start skiing on grass.
- Safety Helmet
- Back Support with Vertebrae Protector
Use same ski boots as for alpine skiing. Recommended are harder, thicker ski boots - that do not loose durability in summer heat.
Ski boots used for snowboards even snowboards with hard bindings or telemark or skialpinismus are not possible to use with grasski.
Grasski needs regular maintenance in terms of oiling and cleaning. For more information see dedicated page with videos here.
Purchases can be paid online using credit cards or via bank transfer. After receiving full payment we prepare package for shipping. During the high season for grass ski (April-July) minor delays can be expected and should be planned for – however, most orders for single sets of grass ski are usually shipped within 3-5 days from receipt of order. Larger orders for 20 or more sets of grass ski usually require 10 days or more prior to shipment. Please plan your orders during the high season including some lead time.
EU shipping is free (only for orders including grasski).
USA delievery takes around 10 - 14 days with price around 130€ per pair (volume shipping has different prices).
Avoid surfaces like pebble, gravel roads, sand. On pebble and gravel you will have minimum to zero control, no way to stop on such narrow place as road, stones and gravel will quickly damage plates and foil. Sand will get into elements and rolls and will quickly destroy them.
WARNING: The grasski is not designed, manufactured nor warranted for use on any surface except grass – use on soil, sand, gravel, stone or road surfaces will render the warranty null and void.